Employee Tuition Assistance Plan Program Details
- New Employee
- Current Employee
The employee tuition assistance plan (“Plan”) permits eligible employees to enroll in coursework or a degree program at The University of Texas at Arlington that directly relates to the employee’s job duties and can reasonably be expected to enhance the employee’s performance of those job duties.
- Currently employed in benefits eligible position and have been for the last 12 consecutive months.
- Admitted as UTA student.
- Meet successful class completion and grade standards.
- Must be related to current or prospective job duties
- Requires approval from supervisor
- Classes are completed, not dropped or listed as incomplete
- The employee is eligible to receive reimbursement only for courses in which he/she received a grade of at least:
“C” (2.0 grade points) or higher for undergraduate courses;
“B” (3.0 grade points) or higher for graduate courses.
In order to continue to be eligible under the Plan the employee must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a GPA of:
2.5 as an undergraduate student
3.0 as a graduate student; and
- Receive a final grade for each course. An employee is not eligible for reimbursement or to continue participating in the Plan if the employee has a grade of “Incomplete” or “Withdrawal”.
- Employee remains in a benefit eligible position through the semester
- If standards are not met, funds requested under the program will not be reimbursed
Employee may request time during the regular work week to attend classes
No more than three (3) hours a week during the Fall and Spring Semesters only
Must be supervisor approved before enrolling
Employee Tuition Assistance Request Form and Agreement
Employee Tuition Assistance Form Directions
Frequently Asked Questions
Employee Tuition Assistance Plan Policy, HR-B-PO1
Employee Tuition Assistance Plan Procedure, HR-B-PR1