Benefits Annual Enrollment for 2022-2023 Plan Year
Welcome to UTA Benefits Annual Enrollment
Benefits Annual Enrollment for the 2022-2023 plan year will take place from July 15-31, 2022. During Benefits Annual Enrollment, you may make changes to your benefits enrollment, such as adding coverage, dropping coverage, adding dependents or removing dependents. Your requested benefit changes will be effective September 1, 2022. Your current insurance coverage will continue to the new benefit year, if no action is taken, with the expectation of UT FLEX. UT FLEX is the only benefit that must be renewed every annual enrollment.
If you have additional questions, you can contact Benefits at Benefits@uta.edu.
The resources listed below are available to help you understand your benefit options and make enrollment decisions for the upcoming year.
Highlights of Benefits Changes for Plan Year 2022 -2023
- The UT SELECT/UT CONNECT medical plan rates will increase for the 2022 -2023 plan year.
- UT SELECT/UT CONNECT medical and prescription plan design changes for the 2022 -2023 plan year.
- New fertility and family building benefit for UT SELECT members through Progyny.
- Life and AD&D Insurance Changes
- Basic Life insurance coverage will increase from $40,000 to $50,000.
- Retiree Basic Life insurance coverage will increase from $6,000 to $10,000.
- No Evidence of Insurability (EOI) during annual enrollment for up to three times salary for voluntary life insurance coverage.
- Decrease in premiums for voluntary life and AD&D coverage.
- UT Flex Health Care Reimbursement Account will increase from $2,750 to $2,850.
- New Living Well Portal powered by Limeade; we encourage everyone to enroll
- TRS Employer Rate will increase from 7.75% to 8%. TRS Employee Rate remains at 8%.
- There are no changes to disability, dental and vision plans.
How to I access my benefits and navigate the UT Benefits website for Annual Enrollment?
Medical Plans for Employees & Retirees
For plan year 2022-2023, there are several plan design changes to the UT SELECT and UT Connect Medical Plans.
View 2022-2023 Medical Plan Design Changes – Quick Reference Chart
View Annual Enrollment Medical Plans Highlights