new medical plan for retirees
UT CARETM Medicare PPO (UT Care)
- All Medicare eligible retirees and dependents will be offered the new UT Care Medicare PPO plan.
- UT CARE Annual Enrollment is November 1 – 15, 2022.
- UT CARE medical coverage takes effect January 1, 2023.
- UT CARE is provided by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX).
- UT CARE is an Open Access Medicare Advantage PPO Plan.
- UT CARE benefits will be equal to or greater than the current UT Select plan.
- Retirees and dependents must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B to participate.
- You will automatically be enrolled in UT Care if you are already enrolled in UT Select and in Medicare Part A and Part B.
- If you are eligible but are not yet enrolled in Medicare Part A and/or Part B, you must contact the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Steps to Take Before November 15
- Confirm that your address is correct in My UT Benefits. To update your address, please contact Benefits at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-272-5554.
- Access My UT Benefits during annual enrollment (November 1 -15, 2022) to make the following changes to your medical coverage:
- Add or remove dependents
- Enroll in UT CARE if you are not already enrolled in UT SELECT.Y
- You must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B to be in UT CARE.
- If you're not already enrolled in Part B, please contact Medicare to begin that process.
- Decline enrollment in UT CARE (Opt out).
- If you opt out, you will not have UT medical coverage, prescription coverage, or basic life insurance ($10,000), but will still retain any voluntary coverage.
- You may re-enroll in UT CARE during future annual enrollment periods or within 31 days of a qualifying event.
Information and Resources
- Visit the UT Care Website for more details.
Contact Us:Office of Human Resources
1225 W Mitchell St.
Suite 212, Box 19176
Arlington, Texas 76019
Phone: (817) 272-5554
Fax: (817) 272-7288