Maverick Performance Excellence Award Nomination
Recognize and reinforce employee contributions to the University, College or Department by granting OPE Leave for performance excellence. The program goal is to align with the department, college, or university's mission and/or core values to help create a positive work environment for employees, increase employee performance, engage employees, and improve employee morale, through outstanding performance recognition.
- This program is permitted pursuant to Chapter 661.911 of the Texas Government Code.
- This award is available to current UTA benefits eligible Classified and Non-Academic Administrative & Professional staff members (appointed 50% to 100%) who have been employed for at least six consecutive months.
- The staff member may not have received any formal disciplinary action or a performance improvement plan within the twelve months prior to the nomination date.
- The staff member may not receive more than 16 hours of OPE under this award program within the fiscal year (Sept. 1 – Aug. 31).
- OPE Leave is not eligible for “cash out” upon termination of employment.
- Award must be used within 6 months of recognition.
- A staff member may not receive an OPE Leave if they are receiving supplemental pay.
Maverick Performance Excellence Award Criteria
|Criteria||Award Type (Paid Time Off)|
Selection Committee: Office of Human Resources Recognition Committee
Process for Nomination and Selection:
- Nomination may be made by any UT-Arlington employee.
- Complete the online form, giving specific examples of how the staff member has met or exceeded the above criteria, and keeping within the allotted word allowance (500 word limit), and click the submit button.
- The Office of Human Resources Recognition Committee will verify eligibility and the HR Service Center will route the nomination to the direct Supervisor and the appropriate Dean, Vice President or President for approval.
- An award notification email will be sent to the recipient within about one business day, copying the nominator as well as the direct Supervisor.
If you have questions regarding the nomination process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org