All UTA instructors, including online, off-campus and dual enrollment instructors, must meet or exceed the qualifications established by the University. UTA’s process calls for the hiring department to collect the official transcript from the candidate and submit the educational credentials and curriculum vitae/resume through the CCQ Sharepoint site. The credentials are reviewed by the department chair of the discipline and is reviewed and approved by the Associate Dean and or Dean, and finally the Provost’s Office.
For individuals who do not meet the requirements based on their highest degree, the department chair, associate dean, and dean of the college submit a Supplemental Form in addition to the CCQ, Certification of Credentials and Qualifications. The Supplemental Form documents additional qualifications for teaching the assigned course, including related work experience in the field, honors and awards, professional licensure and certifications, continuous documented excellence in teaching, and/or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning. These requests must be approved by the Provost’s Office before the individual is assigned as the instructor for the course.
The Instructor and Faculty Credentials Policy AA-FH-P03 at the University of Texas at University aligns with the values and practices developed through the regional body for academic self-regulation, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
All full-time and part-time primary instructors hired by The University of Texas at Arlington must meet the qualifications established by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
Watch a training video on the Faculty Qualifications CCQ process here:
Credentials are submitted electronically via Sharepoint.
Please read the UT Arlington Faculty Credential Manual before submitting your Certification of Credentials and Qualification forms (CCQs).
- Please fill out each form completely. Attaching a CV or other documentation will not allow us to respond effectively to SACSCOC reviewers that may ask to examine our files. Please include course name and number.
- Supplemental Forms: if the faculty’s terminal degree is not listed in the Terminal Degree List, the department will need to submit a Supplemental CCQ through the Sharepoint site (see Supplemental Tab). Please refer to the Terminal Degree list in the Credentials.
- Please complete every section of the Supplemental Form-attaching a CV will not suffice.
- Include all completed degrees for each faculty member. ABD is not a degree.
- Do not check Grad Faculty status box unless the faculty member is tenured, tenure-stream (automatic admission as graduate faculty) or has obtained permission from Office of Graduate Studies. Contact Joe Jackson for process at email@example.com.
- If an instructor has earned a new degree, a new CCQ is required.
- Please submit CCQs for faculty as soon as they’ve signed their offer letter. We want to be sure they’re ready to go the first day of classes.
- Remember that if the faculty member’s terminal degree is not from a U.S. institution, they’ll need an evaluation (not a translation) of their transcript. Please refer to the Faculty Credential manual for SpanTran information.
- For full text of SACSCOC Credential guidelines, including rules on Graduate Students teaching as instructors of record, please see https://sacscoc.org/app/uploads/2019/07/faculty-credentials.pdf