At Student Affairs we work to make sure our departments get the help and resources they need. Below are typical requests you may have. If you don't see one and would like to see it added, please fill out the Website Edit Request form and tell us what we should add.


Media Requests



Departmental Outdoor Campus Events

Events and activities in public outdoor pedestrian spaces such as a sidewalks, parks, plazas, quads and malls are scheduled through the Office of Student Organizations. These spaces make up the university’s traditional public forum and, while unscheduled assemblies may occur, scheduled university events shall have priority over unscheduled activities. You can learn more about public assembly and free speech on campus on our Free Speech websiteDepartments must request outdoor space using the Mazevo reservation system linked below. Once the Student Organizations Office confirms the space reservation, departments must follow up with UC Operations to coordinate equipment/technology. Requests must be submitted at least 5 class days in advance.

The following outdoor areas are reserved separately:

  • Campus Recreation - recreational sports parks and fields
  • Parking & Transportation Services – parking lots and garages
Request Outdoor Space


Display Case and Plaza Banner Reservation

Looking for a great way to spread the word about your organization’s programs and events? Promote your organization with a Plaza Banner or Display Case in the UC.

Reserve Here


Request Letters for University Authorized Absences

The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs provides lists of students who have absences authorized by the University (e.g., participation in athletic events or scholastic activities that are officially sponsored University functions--those are primarily activities that are funded by the University).

The student must notify the instructor in writing at least one week in advance of the start of the excused absence and arrange with the instructor to make up missed work or missed examinations. More policy information can be found in the University Catalog.

To request a letter to notify professor, please email Student Affairs,, two weeks prior to the planned absence and a complete list using the template.