Student Affairs Resources
What is Handshake?
Handshake is a career network and job database for UTA students and alumni. In addition to posting jobs for students, employers can also connect with students of all majors and classifications. The platform serves as the posting site for all part-time and full-time positions, along with internships and student employment opportunities. Handshake provides students the capability to develop an online presence through professional landing pages which are searchable by our employer partners.
What does Handshake offer faculty and staff?
We want to empower UTA faculty and staff to manage and promote the career development of students and alumni. Through Handshake you can:
- Post on-campus student employment positions
- View upcoming career events and activities, including job fairs
- Help your students schedule an appointment with a career consultant
- Assist your students in applying for jobs and internships
- Access data regarding job and internship postings, student usage
- And so much more!
If you are interested in obtaining access to Handshake, there are three levels of access currently available. Review the Faculty and Staff options for Handshake access and then complete the MOU below.
Once you have completed the MOU, refer to the below document when advising your employer partners and contacts. If you have questions on approving employers, internships, or jobs, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.Criteria for Employer Account and Internship Posting Approval Checklist
Student Employment How-To Guides and Resources for Handshake
- Handshake Supervisor Training PowerPoint
- How to Create an Account on Handshake
- Faculty and Staff Handshake Login Guide
- How to Post a Job on Handshake
- Handshake Job Profile Template
- How to Access Handshake Applications
- How to Share a Job Posting on Handshake via Social Media
In addition to the online resources available, we will be hosting a series of training sessions for those who plan on posting student worker positions in Handshake. At these workshops we will show you how to set up your account, post a position, select a candidate, and close the search. Check our events page for future trainings.
Contact Handshake directly for technical support