The Career Development Center wants to help our employer partners create a talent pipeline that reaches into your classroom. Through the Mavs EDGE Internship Program we offer our partners, program development workshops, expanded marketing opportunities, and discounted fees for events and trainings. Below are a few resources we hope you find helpful in working with your students, colleagues, and your employer partners.
What is Handshake?
Mavs EDGE Internship Program
The Career Development Center’s Economic Development through Guidance Education Program (EDGE) is a dedicated internship initiative with the goal of developing exceptional experiential learning opportunities for UTA students.
Through participation in this program employer partners receive:
- Registration fee discounts for select internship programming events.
- Elevated marketing and position promotion opportunities through UTA marketing outlets.
- Connection with UTA Internship Coordinators departmental contacts.
- Access to tailored internship materials/resources/workshops.
- Participation in workforce skills curriculum development through membership in a corporate forum
- A preliminary needs assessment, which includes identification of the current workforce needs and challenges and the creation of key performance indicators for the position.
- Assistance with the creation and/or review of an internship position description.
Help your employer partners get the EDGE by referring them to the program! Please share the following information to get them started:
- Program Information
- The EDGE Partnership Agreement
- If your employer partner is interested in joining the EDGE Internship program, have them complete an Intake Form to describe their organizations needs and to begin a partnership conversation.
- Contact email@example.com for more information
- Jobs and Internships for Students
- Employer Events
(Project Based Opportunities)
Micro-internships are short-term, paid, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns. Often, these projects require 20-40 hours of total work across 2-4 weeks and can be completed remotely. They are posted on a rolling basis and can be applied to year-round. Learn more about Mav Micros and how they can benefit your students.